A torrent of capital from wealthy people in emerging markets has flowed into the real-estate markets of big cities across the United States. In Miami, a huge influx of money, especially from Latin America, has enabled the city’s housing market to recover. It’s an exciting time in Miami now for real Estate, where a condo-construction spree has set off, driving up prices and causing a luxury-construction boom.
Choosing the Right Real Estate Agent in Miami
The rapid increase in numbers of online real estate information makes it easier than ever to be an informed consumer before buying or selling a home. It is important to make sure the agent you pick specializes in the kind of property (single-family home, condo, investment property) that you want to purchase in Miami.
• Whether you’re a buyer or seller, you want to choose an agent who is actively following the market every day.
• Make sure you find enough information about the real estate agent that helps you make the right decision to pick him or her over the rest.
• Notice whether the properties your preferred real estate agent features are within the mile range or neighborhood you are interested in purchasing your home or condo.
• Finding a neighborhood expert is especially important in areas where moving a block can raise or lower the value of a home by $100,000. So, make sure that your agent even knows the real estate landscape in your selected Miami neighborhood.
• Don’t just accept the online portal’s assertion that the agent is a neighborhood expert. After you read his or her profile, schedule an interview yourself at least over the phone and find out.
• If you’re buying or selling a condominium, don’t pick an agent who rarely sells condos. If you’re looking for investment property, find an agent who traditionally works with investors.
• Ask people you trust for agent recommendations, but take what they say with a grain of salt. Did they recently buy a home in your same price range? Have they had a successful time selling their home? Just because their agents worked out well for them does not guarantee the same experience for you. It is always recommended to search yourself for whom you would consider to be the right real estate agent for you.
If you’re not quite ready to be tied down to a particular agent, it’s better not to engage one until you’ve made a formal decision. You can communicate with an agent and ask for advice, but be clear upfront where you stand.
You might also like to read this…
Find the Right Real Estate Agent for Miami. Choosing the Right Real Estate Agent in Miami will Help you When Renting, Selling or Buying a House or a Condo.